Fine Art/Please help.

main pic
main pic  

pic details
pic details  
Hello, how are you?  My name is Joe.  I was at an antique store in Greenport, NY this weekend and came across the painting in the attached photos.  It is dated 1963 and I feel it can be a fairly significant part of General Motor's history, or at the least just a part of it.  It is in great condition and I believe a one-of-a-kind.  Can you please help me and let me know if you recognize it or have any ideas on what it is, who the artist is, or anything?  Please help me!  

Thank you,

Dear Joe,

I am well thank you. I hope you are doing well. I am not a GM history buff, but I researched the image and the likeness is close to the Chairman of the Board in 1963, Frederick G. Donner. I do not recognize the artist signature. Overall it may have been a sketch done by a talented employee.The signature looks like "Romano". It appears to be an original drawing with ink and likely watercolor; which does make it an original piece. Interesting drawing where the artist did varying levels of detail from a very detailed face to comic illustration clothing and then a very simple horse. Sometimes there is more information under framing material if you wanted to take apart. Be careful handling the paper as it may be brittle.It may have value to Chevrolet related collectors.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.