Fine Art/Rod Palmer painting

Hi! Recently purchased this painting at a thrift shop and was wondering if you could tell me if it's original and the general value. Thanks!

Dear Virginia,

The artist Rod Palmer is also known as August Albo (1893-1963). He was an Estonian artist who moved to New York and lived there until he died. There seems to be some controversy on his date of death, but most believe it was 1963. I am fairly certain you have a print on heavy cardboard. I cannot find any auction records of his other work other than oil on canvas. Check the back and see what it looks like. You can also tell if you have a good magnifying glass. If there are any kind of dot pattern it is a reproduction.

There are several original oil on canvas paintings by the artist on ebay. The signature on those is August Albo so do your search using that name.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.