Fine Art/Rod Palmer painting

Question
Painting
Painting  

paintimg
paintimg  
Hi! Recently purchased this painting at a thrift shop and was wondering if you could tell me if it's original and the general value. Thanks!

Answer
Dear Virginia,

The artist Rod Palmer is also known as August Albo (1893-1963). He was an Estonian artist who moved to New York and lived there until he died. There seems to be some controversy on his date of death, but most believe it was 1963. I am fairly certain you have a print on heavy cardboard. I cannot find any auction records of his other work other than oil on canvas. Check the back and see what it looks like. You can also tell if you have a good magnifying glass. If there are any kind of dot pattern it is a reproduction.

There are several original oil on canvas paintings by the artist on ebay. The signature on those is August Albo so do your search using that name.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley