Fine Art/Ackerman watercolour

Question
Hi Dolly On the 4/4/2011 a melinda sent you a photo of her Ackerman watercolour I too have one very similiar and same artist.Your answer to view website i cannot contact? do you have any info on this artist and melindas painting/value? hear soon Rgds martin

Answer
Dear Martin,

Since that time other people have asked me about the artist and I was able to get more information. This is what I wrote:
"The artist is California painter Frank Ackerman. I have his biography posted for you below. You can search for his work on the internet (often there are some of his paintings on ebay), to get an idea of value. Usually between $400-1000 for watercolors.

From Los Angeles County Arts website:
Frank Ackerman (1933-1986) was a prominent watercolor artist who attended the Chouinard Art Institute and was President of the National Watercolor Society in the early 1970s. His designs have been exhibited at many galleries and museums including the Legion of Honor in San Francisco and the National Academy of Design, New York. Ackerman joined LA County’s Graphic Arts Department after working as a County architectural draftsman and illustrator. He headed the County Graphics Department between 1973 and 1980 and then became the Chief of Museum Exhibit Services at the Museum of Natural History. Ackerman also traveled to the South Pole as an official Navy artist in the 1960s".

Additional information:
http://www.californiawatercolor.com/pages/frank-ackerman-biography

I did not locate a gallery carrying his work. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley