Fine Art/Is this drawing by Michaelangelo of any value?

Ideal Face
Ideal Face  
My friend has had the attached drawing for over 30 years. It was very fragile and on very thin paper when it was given to her, so she had it framed to protect it. It was given to her by an antique dealer in a cardboard tube with a red wax seal, which has subsequently been lost. In my research I have discovered it is Michaelangelo's 'Ideal Face'. There is a gallery stamp in the lower right hand corner from the Firenze Gallery. Because she has had it so long and it was quite old when given to her, it is too old to be a recent digital print. It appears to us to be an authorised gallery copy? I have done some internet searching and can find no evidence of this kind of gallery copy for sale. Is it likely to be of any value? Thank you for your time.

Dear Margaret,

Your print was reproduced by the Uffizi in Florence, (Firenze), after the original sepia drawing. I will give you a link to the museum where you will see the drawing. They are good quality prints, but condition is most important on a vintage print. I do not know the quantity that has been printed or their current secondary market value. Try Googling the name and you should find others on the market.

I hope this is helpful.

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.