Fine Art/Eduard Von Grutzner

Question
Hello,I was given a oil painting on oak panel by my Grandfather,it belonged to his father.The painting is fantastic and features Three monks seated in a Monastery cellar beer tasting.There are many similar characteristics to lots of other Von Grutzner,I have been assured it is his work.However after considerable time looking at it over the years i sat on our window seat and using a very strong magnifying glass for some reason i could see a  F.Hanfstaegel 1894 Munchen ..I have never noticed this before.It is definately a oil on oak panel...not a copy,Photograph,Lithograph or anything Hanfstaegel was famous for..I wondered as it was some time after his death (1877)could it have been sold through the company which Hanfstaegel gave to his family?..I have been told it would be worth 10-15000 could you assist..I should mention i have over 150 pieces of art by G Romney,Anton Weiss.Edward Seago etc so i am familiar with works of art i just seem to be struggling with this one in particular.Thank You.

Answer
Dear Andy,

It did not take me long to see that you knew what you were talking about. I have done the exact thing; looked at a painting for years and then suddenly see something I did not see before. I take it the painting is unsigned? Where is the Hanfstaegel information; front or back? Can you email me photos of the painting; front and back; and a clear close up image of the Hanfstaegel information? If so, send as jpeg attachments to Dolly12@aol.com. Please put "Von Grutzner"-Andy in the subject line or I may not get it.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley