Fine Art/eugenio patterino musketeer statues

Good evening, I have these 2 italian made terracotta statues made by eugenio pattarino up for sale for $575 and cannot find comparable 15" prices to compare the value to. Can you suggest a good starting price at auction and possible years made. Thanks

Thank you for your question Jill - and also the  very good images, which are always very helpful
Regarding the  items by Italian artist called Professor Eugenio Pattarino who lived from( 1885-1971) – his  ceramics output, it was really quite prolific.
His products, are enormously varied as from the very large and complex free standing floor types of objects, to the rather smaller and more manageable mantle piece varieties.

The  values of such items vary enormously, depending on a  great variety of factors.

Briefly, two factors are of importance in your case;
1. Condition, because any damage  will always seriously affect the value.
2. That it is not a fake or reproduction, because the market is quite literally >>afloat<< with such items -  which are being imported from the Far East.

The auction house involved in the sale, it should provide “authentication” within reasonable boundaries, and also  make a  check for the  year of that particular model.
Pattarino’s  works have also be sold  at the high end at the market, and even  at “Christies” for example.

However, I would not recommend selling at a lower end  “yard sale” type of auction house  - perhaps  a more  reputable  auction venue in a major city is more in keeping, rather than a small place way out  in the countryside?
At the moment, the current price which you have suggested, is reaching towards the  “top end”  - for this type of work.

Perhaps a slightly lower figure, might be  more sensible in order to tempt the bidders.
When selling at auction it is always advisable to have a minimum reserve and also a 10% auctioneers discretion.

Very good luck at the auction house, however - I am sure everything will be fine!
I hope that  this  information, can be of some help to you.

Take care.

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.