Hi Andrew,

I read information you provided about SPADEM.

"SPADEM is a legitimate organization that does publish reproductions of artistís works.  These SPADEM produced works unfortunately have little or no collectable value...."

I have seen SPADEM works (1960's) listed on eBay claiming to have an artist hand signature(ex/Picasso, Chagall, Matisse, etc).

Did SPADEM produce any artwork with ture artist signatures? And in general, what is your assessment of such art?

Dear Rocco,

Some SPADEM works do have hand signatures as the artist would sign their reproductions during their lifetime as a form of an autograph or as a thank you to someone. And SPADEM is known to have published editions of artists works such as Picasso's "La Ronde de la Jeunesse (The Dance of the Youth)", 1961 which has a hand-signed edition. So it depends on the work. When you buy such a piece that is known to have reproductions exist and is a work by SPADEM it is one you want to see in person to verify the signature for yourself. However signed ones are a rarity among the SPADEM portfolio, so when you see one you simply have to do your due diligence and research. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University