Fine Art/J D Innes Painting

Question
J D Innes
J D Innes  

J D Innes
J D Innes  

My partner was given this painting from his grandfather who bought it at a car boot sale in South Wales. We have recently moved and decided to get the picture reframed (it has been in our attic for years).

When we took it out of the frame we saw that it had writing on the back "Study of a tree, 1909" and is signed by J D Innes. Can you advise if it is an orriginal and if it has any value please?

Many thanks,
Rachel

Answer
Hello Rachel,
Thank you, for the question.
Unfortunately, the image with the all of the handwriting and a signature, it  has been  taken with a flash.
Therefore, the image is  rather fuzzy and confused.

Before I can  go into any detail about  the artist, I would you ask you to repost the  written area, but using  no flash and  the usual proper lighting  treatment.

Furthermore, I would advise you  post your own appropiate location, i.e. Devon, Norfolk etc - as I may need to advise  you on  some local assistance, to the area where you are located.

I look forward, to seeing a good clear image.
Take care.
David.

D. E. Lombardo