Fine Art/oil painting id

I bought this oil painting in the 80's in Alaska at a Salvation Army store.  I changed the frame it was in because it was obviously not the original.  I've loved it many years but have always been curious about it's origin and the artist. I took it to the Antiques Roadshow and the expert was very intrigued but he couldn't find a signature so he told me to get it cleaned and look to see if I could find one.  I did just that and unfortunately it's been cut down and no signature could be found.  On the back is a partial label and a stamp from the Salon de 'hiver show, but don't know what year.  I downloaded the list of artists from the show but couldn't figure out who could have done it.  The person who cleaned it said it dated to late 1800's to early 1900's.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated  Thanks
so much.  I can try to take better pictures if needed.  This one was taken inside in the morning and isn't the best.

Dear Betsy,
It is extremely difficult to identify a piece of unsigned work, especially if a painting where there are no other copies. I love the painting. If you would like, you can email me better photos in high resolution of the painting and all writing to Please put: Betsy landscape oil from allexperts, in the subject line or I will not open the email. Give me the research information you have already accumulated and I will see if I can help. Use high def jpeg images as attachments, not inserts in to the email.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.