Fine Art/painting sale

I have a painting I must sell that should have considerable value. I haven't been able to get an auction house to appraise it. Do you know another way I can get it appraised, and how can I get a certificate of authenticity?

Dear Jim,

There are several opinions other than an auction house to get the work appraised. You can find and contact an appraiser here: . Or most antique shop owners are appraisers as well so you can always try taking the work to them.

In regards to securing a certificate of authenticity, you can try doing an internet search on who the expert is for that particular artist and contact them or contact an art gallery who sells the artist and see if they can give you any leads on who to contact.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University