Fine Art/painting sale

Question
I have a painting I must sell that should have considerable value. I haven't been able to get an auction house to appraise it. Do you know another way I can get it appraised, and how can I get a certificate of authenticity?

Answer
Dear Jim,

There are several opinions other than an auction house to get the work appraised. You can find and contact an appraiser here: http://www.appraisers.org/ . Or most antique shop owners are appraisers as well so you can always try taking the work to them.

In regards to securing a certificate of authenticity, you can try doing an internet search on who the expert is for that particular artist and contact them or contact an art gallery who sells the artist and see if they can give you any leads on who to contact.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans