Fine Art/Unknown Artist

Street Scene
Street Scene  

Artist\'s Signature
Artist's Signature  

I recently bought a painting at a rummage sale and I am trying to identify the artist. I'm hoping that you can help me.

The painting is 24"x48" and a faded note on the back reads:

J. Rosenuior (or Rosenguier)  [really not readable even using a loupe]

Born in 1916 at Vienna, Austria, he is one of the most well-known Viennese "Town painters. His works were exhibited in Vienna, Berlin, Munich and at several other German towns, where especially his Paris scenes were greatly appreciated.

I have photographed the image and separately the artist's signature.

I'm hoping that you can assist me in learning more about the artist and/or the painting. Thanks in advance.

Gary Harris

Hello Gary,
I read the signature as Reseguier. I don't see the names you have listed so maybe you have more information than what is in the photos. He may have remained a local artist who is still well known in his village, but not worldwide. I am sorry I could not be of more help.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.