Fine Art/apostle Paul ,Rembrandt,Joseph E. Widener

Did Joseph E. Widener give an oil painting or a print of the apostle Paul by Rembrandt to a and did he have any reprints of the same seated the apostle Paul that where monetarily worthless?

Dear Candy,

I found the painting you are requesting information about. It is an oil on canvas and was given to the National Gallery of Art by Joseph E. Widener. The museum may have produced print reproductions for the museum store, but I do not know.

Here is a link to the painting. You may be able to contact the NGA for more information.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.