Fine Art/apostle Paul ,Rembrandt,Joseph E. Widener

Question
Did Joseph E. Widener give an oil painting or a print of the apostle Paul by Rembrandt to a DC..museum and did he have any reprints of the same seated the apostle Paul that where monetarily worthless?

Answer
Dear Candy,

I found the painting you are requesting information about. It is an oil on canvas and was given to the National Gallery of Art by Joseph E. Widener. The museum may have produced print reproductions for the museum store, but I do not know.

Here is a link to the painting. You may be able to contact the NGA for more information.
http://www.nga.gov/content/ngaweb/Collection/art-object-page.1198.html?category=

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley