Fine Art/P[icasso unknown 1945

Question
I have been following the questions o this site about a picture  of a woman's face that may be a Picasso.  Dan searched it out but couldn't find anything. Other people seem to have the same picture. I'm just wondering how to find out if it is worth anything at all.

Answer
Dear Patricia,

In reading through the question that you reference, http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fine-Art-3122/2008/5/Picasso-print-1945.htm , the work is not listed in any of Picasso's catalogue raisonnÚ's therefore no serious Picasso collector would purchase it. However there are multiple books and images of Picasso's various studios etc. that show works not in any of the raisonnÚ's as they were private gifts, etc. so what Dan was explaining is that someone who owns the work can browse those Picasso books and see if they find the work which would then attribute the work to him.

As an alternative, you can also submit the image to one of the two Picasso authorities I've listed below and they should be able to definitively tell you what you have, however I do not know what their process consists of. Best of luck. Andrew Evans.   

Claude Picasso
8, rue de Volney
75002 Paris
FRANCE
E: info@picasso.fr

Diana Widmaier Picasso | DWP Editions
23, Place Vend˘me
75001 Paris
FRANCE
info@dwpicsso.com  

Andrew Evans