Fine Art/E.L Field and J Haller sketches

etching 1
etching 1  

etching 1
etching 1  
I recently purchased 2 etchings by E.L Field that are signed by the etcher J Haller.  The both have 2 signatures... Field's is in the corner of each etching, and Haller's beneath.  One contains a "mini" sketch of a cottage in the left corner... but the other only has a portion of the "mini" sketch completed.  I wonder if this is a mistake on the part of the etcher, or if it was done on purpose by the artist Field. I'd love to know the name of the sketch as well if possible.  since I can only attach 2 pictures, could you direct me to a site that may identify the second etching as well.  thanks in advance for any information!!

Dear Helene,

E.L. Field's etchings sell at auction between $50-$100. The one example I could definitively find with etcher J. Haller sold for $50 as can be seen here: . I cannot seem to find your etching however so I would suggest you take the works to a local antiques shop or a local auction house on a free evaluation day and see if they might be able to assist you as they may have better resources. In regards to the "sketches" its hard to say if it was by Fields or Haller or an owner, so that's another reason to take the works into a shop or auction house so the details can be viewed in person. Best of luck, Andrew Evans.  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University