Fine Art/hand colored lithograph (maybe)

Question
The art piece is of what appears to be a medieval wedding scene set in a castle with 2 men wearing helmets and knightly apparel. One woman in a white dress and a large number of what appear to be ladies in waiting. In the lower right hand corner of the art piece is a signature of what looks like EB Oberhausen or possibly EB Oberhauser. I would appreciate any information you might have or be able to help us with. It looks like an etching (black and white) and hand colored on parts of it in blue and red. No one has been able to help us with this so anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Tracy Swan

Answer
The Royal Wedding
The Royal Wedding  
Dear Tracy,

Your print is titled "The Royal Wedding", after a painting by Emanuel Oberhauser,(1854-1919), a 19th century Austrian painter whose mythical and genre scenes became popular during the late 19th to early 20th century. I have attached a photo of it for you to verify we are referring to the same image.  

The value of his prints depends entirely on condition and if it is aesthetically attractive. It sounds as though you have one that has been hand painted. It is unlikely the artist did the over-paint as this was usually done at the printers by their hired colorists. I have seen some of his work sell for well in to the hundreds if it is in bright good condition and in a quality "periodesque" frame. Google image search the artist to see more of his work.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley