Fine Art/Oil painting

William Newport
William Newport  
Hi there,
I bought a barn scene framed, is on canvas and signed William Newport.  It is a medium size, perhaps 20 by 17 inches without the frame.  I'm wondering how much it would be worth.

Dear Jo,

William Newport is not an artist I am familiar with and so in doing some online research there is little information available on him (he is not to be confused with William Newport Goodell I discovered). However I found artwork by him at auction that sold for $55:

Therefore I would value yours in the range of $50-$100 given the lager canvas size of your work. However as I stated before, I am not familiar with his work, so it would be best to take it to a local auction house on a free evaluation day or an antiques dealer for an additional opinion. Best of luck, Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University