Fine Art/Oil Painting

Old German Woman
Old German Woman  

Signature of artist
Signature of artist  
Can you help me find out the name of the artist of this beautiful painting and any additional information you might be able to give me.  Thank you!
Annette North

Dear Annette,

It is a beautiful painting. I am unable to read the signature, but I think I keep seeing something like "Charles Duffeldorf?" Either way I would consider it a German name and that may give additional options for continuing your search. Without additional information as to it's history and possible age I cannot do more research. If it has information on the back of the painting or if you have particular knowledge on its history let me know and I will consider how it may fit in identification on the painting.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.