Fine Art/Vanguard Studios 1972 Horse Head 3-D wall hanging

Question
Brass plate
Brass plate  
Hello,

I have a 3-D horse head sculpture. The labels on the back identify it as a piece from Vanguard Studios circa 1972. Is this a rare piece? We're there many created? Would you be able to tell me the approximate value of the item? In your opinion should I have this item insured? (The horse bridle is not original to the piece, the bridle is a family memento.)

Thank you for your time,
Patty

Answer
Dear Patty,

There are no records on the number of reproductions made and released by the Vanguard Studios. The value of an individual item from the studio is based on desirability by the buyers. Your horse sculpture would attract horse collectors as well as a unique base that looks for unusual Vanguard pieces. Go to ebay and do a search for Vanguard Studios and eventually one like yours is likely to show up. I would not recommend paying for an appraisal and adding a rider to your insurance. To do so would cost more than the art. Enjoy it in your home. Many pieces continue to rise in value on the secondary art market.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley