Fine Art/Vanguard Studios art

I have a set of three pieces of art with a Vanguard Studios ID sticker and number on each.  The pieces are called Black Tie I, II and III.

They have the following numbers on them 640031, 640030 and 648749.  Im tyring to find out the value any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dear William,

As Vanguard is out of my knowledge range, I found an old question answered by fellow Expert Dolly: "Vanguard Studios was founded by an artist named Lee Reynolds Burr and represents a business venture that was formed in the sixties to create affordable oil paintings for the masses.

Vanguard apprentice artists were usually trained at America's finest art schools but signed the work they produced as Lee Reynolds. You did not mention a name on the painting. Lee Reynolds Burr permitted the signature "Lee Reynolds" to be affixed to the best of the works conceived and executed at Vanguard Studios. At the same time, the signature was accompanied by a Vanguard Studios stamp on the back.

Value on this work is decorative and depends on the quality of technique and the desirability of the subject matter. To find other work similar to yours; do an Internet search using key words “Lee Reynolds painting” or “Vanguard Studios painting”. There are usually several at any time on eBay."
I hope this information is helpful. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University