Fine Art/Watercolor by John Groth

Question
Good Afternoon ~

I am hoping you could give me some information about a painting i have by John Groth.  I can't seem to find much about this particular painting.

I was wondering when it was painted, the year, and it's value.  I am looking to sell it.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great weekend!
Krista Bennett

Answer
Dear Krista,

I unfortunately am not familiar with John Groth, but in doing some research I found a piece that looks comparable that sold at auction for $325 here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/10283820_john-august-groth-american-1908-1988-first-turn . They do not list a year for the work, but Groth seems to have had quite the interest in racehorses during his career so to pin down a date and more accurate value it would be best to take it into a local auction house on a free evaluation day or even a local antiques shop. Best of luck, Andrew Evans.  

Andrew Evans