Fine Art/Painting

Question
Signature ?
Signature ?  

The painting
The painting  
Can't make out the name of artist. I just know i found it in a old trunk that is trapped in the 1900-1930 and the person was an artist but not the person on the painting.

Answer
Dear Jake,

I have tried to make out the signature, but to no avail. The first couple of letters in the first name appear to be El, but I am not sure. Can you tell me the letters you can make out? It is always easier to see in person. Overall it is a beautiful painting and interesting it is folded like a panel. Is it on artist board? I would say it is late 18th to early 19th century. Let me know if you have more information on the spelling of the name.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley