Fine Art/Henry Reeks

I have a water coloring of "Turn Table S.F." by Henry D. Reeks

would you please provide me with more information and the possible

value of this work of art?  Approximately 4 by 6 inches.

Harry Reeks was a Louisiana painter who also spent time in California after the war. Most of his work you find will reflect those locations. I checked auction houses and I cannot find any of his original watercolors that have come up for auction since 2009. There are occasional watercolors and prints on ebay and you can review those through searches. I don't know if you have one of his silkscreens or an original watercolor, but even his screens sell well depending on the subject. Since there are no current completed sales that I can find, giving you an approximate value would be guessing. I suggest you continue searching using the artist's name and see what the market is willing to give for his work on today's secondary market. I hope this is helpful.

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.