I have an A. Richter painting that I am not sure who the artist is. I looked up the name and got back Adrian Ludwig Richter from the mid 1800s but the painting I have looks nothing like the ones I found of his online. I exposed the frame to look for other marks but if you could tell me more about it I would greatly appreciate it. Age? Artist? Value(if any)?
Thanks Again

Dear Tony,
I reviewed my artist books and online lists to find an artist who signs A.Richter and paints in the same manner. Most of the listed artists were from the 19th century and I don't believe yours is that old. Without looking at it in person I cannot be certain of it's age, but I believe 20th century...likely mid-century.
Many street artists in cities will paint and sell their art to passing tourists. This may be the case, or the painter is a regional artist who does not show up on the secondary art market at this time.
I'm sorry I cannot be of further help on this. Keep doing searches for the artist and a similar painting signed as yours may show up with more information.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.