Fine Art/Authentic Albert Servaes ?

Question
Servaes front
Servaes front  

Signature
Signature  
My husband has inherited a painting from his parents that they acquired back in the 1950's.  It has a "Servaes" signature on the front and a code on the back (H-5848).  Can you tell us if it might be an original and if so how much it might be worth.

Answer
Dear Barbara,

My sincere apologies for the delay. Unfortunately this is outside of my expertise. but from what I can see this is a real painting and it looks beautiful. I suggest contacting one of the auction houses in NYC like Phillips or Sothebys. They have experts in almost every genre.

My best wishes to you

Andrew Evans