Fine Art/Help with painting identification

Full Painting Image
Full Painting Image  
Good Evening,

Recently I bought an oil on canvas painting in an antique store, the owner had no further details and I've been trying to figure out who the artist/ painter might be. It appears to be well over 100 years old with minor repairs. I've attached the signature in this post and would appreciate any help you might provide. Ive been trying to figure out if the first letter in the signautre is an L or a P or even a J, time to ask the experts!

I appreciate any help or direction you can provide Andrew!

Dear Sergio, sorry for my delay.

This is outside of my expertise but to me the first letter looks like an L followed by a P. I would suggest contacting one of the auction houses in NYC: Phillips or Sothebys. They have experts for almost every genre and they may be able to help further.

My best wishes to you

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University