Fine Art/Help with painting identification

Question
Signature
Signature  

Full Painting Image
Full Painting Image  
Good Evening,

Recently I bought an oil on canvas painting in an antique store, the owner had no further details and I've been trying to figure out who the artist/ painter might be. It appears to be well over 100 years old with minor repairs. I've attached the signature in this post and would appreciate any help you might provide. Ive been trying to figure out if the first letter in the signautre is an L or a P or even a J, time to ask the experts!

I appreciate any help or direction you can provide Andrew!

Sergio

Answer
Dear Sergio, sorry for my delay.

This is outside of my expertise but to me the first letter looks like an L followed by a P. I would suggest contacting one of the auction houses in NYC: Phillips or Sothebys. They have experts for almost every genre and they may be able to help further.

My best wishes to you

Andrew Evans