Fine Art/Vasarely

Question
Catch
Catch  

Signature
Signature  
Hello Andrew,I have just recently purchased at a public auction a Vasarely piece from a Connecticut estate and would like to find a way to verify if it is an original before I would even consider the high price to authenticate it.I have done extensive research just to find a relevant match and I did.The name is the catch or ball catch from 1945,it has vasarely's signature,and after I unframed it found a number owritten on back,My personal opinion is thar this really is authentic for several reasons,the ink itself stands out on the paper almost like 3d,I compared the signature to other examples and found one the same,being he did many,it was matted once before and the tape used is very yellow  (aged).I investigated anyone selling prints of this piece and none offer the size of mine.It measures exactly 1613".I would be deeply grateful to any help you can provide in this manner.If you need any more info including pictures please do not hesitate to contact me.Thanking You in advance,Ed..

Answer
Dear Edward,

I don't personally like the signature. I compared it to the works in this gallery as they deal a lot on Vasarely. http://www.masterworksfineart.com/artist/victor-vasarely/

Can you send a picture of the number you found in the back?  

Andrew Evans