Fine Art/harland young painting

Question
harland young
harland young  
I have a painting ive acquired from an auction, beautiful 52x28 oil painting, signed bottom left. I cant seem to find this piece anywhere online and it has me worried its not the actual Harland young even though signature is identical I thought it was. I'm very interested in value and originality. thank you, John

Answer
Hello John,

By the tag on the painting, I believe you likely have a reproduction print of a Harland Young painting. Likely mid-century when reproductions were printed on heavy cardboard and given texture that can look like an original painting. I have found his prints like this on ebay. If you believe you have an original oil, I would take it to a local art/antique dealer in your area and have them take a look at it.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley