Fine Art/harland young painting

harland young
harland young  
I have a painting ive acquired from an auction, beautiful 52x28 oil painting, signed bottom left. I cant seem to find this piece anywhere online and it has me worried its not the actual Harland young even though signature is identical I thought it was. I'm very interested in value and originality. thank you, John

Hello John,

By the tag on the painting, I believe you likely have a reproduction print of a Harland Young painting. Likely mid-century when reproductions were printed on heavy cardboard and given texture that can look like an original painting. I have found his prints like this on ebay. If you believe you have an original oil, I would take it to a local art/antique dealer in your area and have them take a look at it.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.