Fine Art/MARTEN

Question
Picture
Picture  

Signature
Signature  
Hello Dolly,

I recently purchased a painting for my living room.  I just picked it up and brought it without giving any thought to the artist. When I got home it's better than I thought. The picture is beautifully painted and it is signed MARTEN in the bottom right corner.  

Googled a bit but unsure who painted it.  The frame its stretched on is not a modern one.

Any clues would be grateful as I love it.

Thank you.

Judith.

Answer
Dear Judith,

I found other paintings online by this artist signed as Marten. I will give you a link to one on ebay. One person has a Marten painting on ebay and they are attributing it to Elliot Henry Marten, but I checked the work and I don't believe they have the right artist. Since I don't have a first name and there are dozens of artists with the last name of Marten, I'm sorry I cannot be of further help. You have a lovely painting. Enjoy your art!

Best regards,
Dolly

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/martens-painting  

Dolly D Headley