Fine Art/Value of Leonardo Nierman

Question
I purchased an original Leonardo Nierman entitled "Flight Sensation"
It is acrylic on panel
Purchase price framed in 2005 was $9400.00
Is there a market for this artist.
Value increase?  
What's the best way to sell this type of artwork?

Answer
Dear Charles,

Leonardo Nierman (born November 1, 1932), full name Leonardo Nierman Mendelejis, is a Mexican artist whose work is popular on the internet. You can see examples and the prices being asked on the secondary market by Google-ing his name. What someone is asking however, is not always the price a collector will pay.

If you want to handle the sale yourself, there are a few websites that specialize in listing secondary market art. Once sold they collect a percentage of the sale. Their websites will come up when you search for the artist. You can also try ebay, but his work is likely too high for many ebay buyers.

If you do not want to handle the sale, (which includes professional packaging and shipping), you can take it to a reputable auction house that handles fine art, such as Heritage, Christies, and others. I don't know where you live so you will need to Google "art auction" with your location and see if there are any near where you live.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley