Fine Art/Value of Leonardo Nierman

I purchased an original Leonardo Nierman entitled "Flight Sensation"
It is acrylic on panel
Purchase price framed in 2005 was $9400.00
Is there a market for this artist.
Value increase?  
What's the best way to sell this type of artwork?

Dear Charles,

Leonardo Nierman (born November 1, 1932), full name Leonardo Nierman Mendelejis, is a Mexican artist whose work is popular on the internet. You can see examples and the prices being asked on the secondary market by Google-ing his name. What someone is asking however, is not always the price a collector will pay.

If you want to handle the sale yourself, there are a few websites that specialize in listing secondary market art. Once sold they collect a percentage of the sale. Their websites will come up when you search for the artist. You can also try ebay, but his work is likely too high for many ebay buyers.

If you do not want to handle the sale, (which includes professional packaging and shipping), you can take it to a reputable auction house that handles fine art, such as Heritage, Christies, and others. I don't know where you live so you will need to Google "art auction" with your location and see if there are any near where you live.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.