Fine Art/Please help identify

Question
Banana Trees with Red Sun
Banana Trees with Red  

Signature
Signature  
I have a print from my mother in laws estate that I quite love. I think it's a print, although it appears to be printed on thin fabric. I'd appreciate help knowing who the artist is. I haven't tried taking it out of the frame, as that's a little ambitious for me. I'm attaching photos of the print, and a closeup of the signauture. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Answer
Dear Jennifer,

I love it as well. What you have is a Batik. It is an original art piece that is basically created using wax and dye on cloth.I was not able to read the signature and I have not studied Batik artists. Try using Google on Batik artists and maybe you can find a similar style that will lead you to your artist. You can also learn more about the technique used to create your wonderful piece. Your mother in law may have purchased it while on holiday to areas that grow banana trees, such as South America or Africa.

I would not remove it from the frame as it appears to have nice framing and likely you will not find any more information by doing so. Enjoy it in your home. I love it's simplicity which is actually unique for batik.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley