Fine Art/James M Sessions Watercolor

Question
I was at a yard sale in Narragansett RI today and came across an interesting watercolor. It looks to be original not a copy. When I look at it under a magnifying glass I don't see dots. It is titled Driving Home from Glouster. The elderly lady (yard sale) selling it said she has had it for years and she is renovating her house and it doesn't match her new décor. She said it is an original and she just happy if it finds a new home. I paid $5 for it. I brought it to a framer and she said she isn't an expert but it looks to be an original. It was in a frame with paper tag taped on the back; Picture Framing Services 66 Washington Street, Marblehead Mass. John G Osborne, SR 1968.  Do you think this could be an original or do you know if the original is actually owned and located somewhere? I am only in Rhode Island for another week before I fly back to Seoul Korea. My husband works in Seoul due to his position with the US Government. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to decide if it is worth mailing to my self and reframing.

Answer
Dear Dee,

Session's original watercolor work is currently selling at auction in the $600-$1000 range. Since you have it unframed I would carefully roll and ship in a tube. His work is lovely and I would consider it well worthy of the postal charges. Ship USPS Priority. Shipping charges should be around $40 or less.

If you don't want it, I'll pay the shipping to me!

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley