Fine Art/James M Sessions Watercolor

I was at a yard sale in Narragansett RI today and came across an interesting watercolor. It looks to be original not a copy. When I look at it under a magnifying glass I don't see dots. It is titled Driving Home from Glouster. The elderly lady (yard sale) selling it said she has had it for years and she is renovating her house and it doesn't match her new décor. She said it is an original and she just happy if it finds a new home. I paid $5 for it. I brought it to a framer and she said she isn't an expert but it looks to be an original. It was in a frame with paper tag taped on the back; Picture Framing Services 66 Washington Street, Marblehead Mass. John G Osborne, SR 1968.  Do you think this could be an original or do you know if the original is actually owned and located somewhere? I am only in Rhode Island for another week before I fly back to Seoul Korea. My husband works in Seoul due to his position with the US Government. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to decide if it is worth mailing to my self and reframing.

Dear Dee,

Session's original watercolor work is currently selling at auction in the $600-$1000 range. Since you have it unframed I would carefully roll and ship in a tube. His work is lovely and I would consider it well worthy of the postal charges. Ship USPS Priority. Shipping charges should be around $40 or less.

If you don't want it, I'll pay the shipping to me!

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.