Fine Art/20th C American Painting ID

Hi Dolly,

I recently had a painting passed on to me by my grandparents and am curious about it.  I really like it, although it's a relatively unremarkable nature piece.

It was purchased in the states somewhere around the middle of last century, and that is all I know about it.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to offer!

Dear Carey,

I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend. I reviewed the photographs of your painting. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify the artist by the signature; and as you mentioned; it is a bit unremarkable and therefore not identifiable by the style or technique.

There are thousands of artists that never become recognized for their art so it does not mean the painting does not have value. Hopefully your painting has great sentimental value as a reminder of your grandparents.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.