Fine Art/AGE (possible Picasso)

Dan,   I have a wooden panel painting circa:1895/96 and need help to identify both the age of the wood and the paint pigment. I can not send the piece anywhere as it is a bit unstable. I had to remove the old crude frame for validation of artist signature. I live in Va. Beach, Virginia but am able to drive within a days trip for assistance with this matter.  Anyone/place you would suggest?   Thank you, Diane

Collectors want original frames and condition un-altered.

In the future, a framer or archivist is the best for handling old fragile art.

The experts I know are not in your area.

Be careful when asking for help. Make sure to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

I can refer you to an art appraiser and an art authenticator, not sure about this because they will most likely need to see it in person, but they are in California.

You can always use FEDEX with insurance, or talk to a carrier that has experience moving valuables etc.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.