Fine Art/Aldo Luongo charcoal

Question
Aldo Loungo
Aldo Loungo  
QUESTION: I have a black and white sketch on canvas I purchased several years ago from an art shop going out of business. Can you tell me if it is a copy or original drawing? it is on canvas and signed by Aldo Luongo. I have attached a copy of a picture I took of it. I would like to know the name of the picture and approx value if possible.

Thanks in advance
Wanda Huff

ANSWER: Hi Wanda

I need a lot more info to give my opinion. Email me some more pictures at sorenholmstrup@hotmail.com and tell me about size, where did you buy it, how much did you pay and any other info that you think would be of importance.

Looking forward to hear from you

Best Regards, Soren

Aldo Luongo
Aldo Luongo  
QUESTION: Soren,
Here are the additional pictures you requested. I hope these are better for you to view. We are wanting the name of the portrait and if you feel it is an orginial Aldo Loungo. It is on canvas and is 30x40 inches. I also sent copies to your hotmail address as you requested. Thanks in advance

Answer
Hi Wanda

I have to say that I am not a Luongo expert - however when this is said I like the quickness showcased in this painting. It is done by a strong hand and it is rather good in terms of composition. I think it looks like an original Luongo.

However if you want to be sure then pay a visit to Christies or Sotheby's - They will be able to tell you more.

Best Regards, Soren

Søren Holmstrup