Fine Art/Andrea del Sarto

Question
First of all, thank you for your prompt response. Secondly I could not find a catalog of the Pitti Palace paintings, in order to identify the painting, and I was therefore hoping that you might tell me if this painting really was in the Pitti Palace. I found a picture of the painting online, it is called Madonna and Child with the Young St. John, and is at this page: http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/a/andrea/sarto/1/
If you could access it an tell me if this is the picture that is at Pitti palace, and if not could you give me the location of it and price? Thank you again so much,

Diego Arroyo

Answer
Dear Diego, As I mentioned previously, del Sarto painted several versions of this subject. The one you just found is at the Borghese Gallery, Rome. Another that I mentioned is in Florence at the Pitti Palace. Another sold at Christies, Jan. 2004 for $400,000, and I believe there are two or three others in museums.
Again as I mentioned previously the versions in museums will not be on the market, if they were the would be priced in the millions.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes