Fine Art/Antione Blanchard

Question
How can I tell an original painting from a print or Litho.
I have a painting signed Antione Blanchard. I saw a Repro. on ebay and the colors are much duller than mine. The painting which I have is on canvas. Notre Dome is on the repro on ebay and it is of the same scene as mine.
Thanks

Answer
Lithographs  have a different texture and look than an oil or acrylic, but are not printed on canvas very often.  Lithograph is a 4 color process and is done on paper in most cases.

If you have a loop/ photographers magnafying glass, you can see printed dots or signs that it was printed. Look for any kind ot stamp or writing that talks about a publisher etc.

Todays artists are having Giclees made of their works. Giclees are digital scans that are printed on canvas and look like paintings but have no texture unless the artist hand embellishes the work.

Most prints are numbered in the lower left corner and in most cases its in pencil, but if your work is on canvas, look for ink numbers or printed numbers.

If you recently purchased at a low price, you might have a replica of the artists work.  Hard to tell without seeing it in person.

Dan

Dan Twyman