Fine Art/A. Arnegger Oil Painting

Question
Good Evening Brent,

I have an A.Arnegger oil painting (signed in lower left corner) approx. 24"x36", which I know nothing about.  Have had it for more than 35 years.

The piece appears to be of a sunset in the Alps/Mountains(incredible glow to the snow covered mountains in the background),snow drifts with sled/foot tracks leading to several homes(snow covered rooftops),in the right foreground, a rather large tree ladened w/snow, left a wood fence.  Do you happen to have any info on this?  Would like to sell it.  Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you

Answer
Hello Roxanne, The artist is most likely Alois Arnegger, an Austrian that lived from 1879 - 1967.  A brief biography can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Arnegger .  Assuming it is by the artist and in good condition it is probably worth between $2,500.00 and $5,000.00.  Cheers, Brent

Roxanne - Thank you.  Start with an art dealer/gallery in your area and work by referrals from there.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke