Fine Art/Art Galleries

Question
Good evening Alan,

I would first like to thank you for your help.  I am developing an art gallery and am wondering what the inventory turnover statistics may be.  Can you help me understand this, or provide me with references that would help answer my question.  Thank you again for your time.

Have a fantastic day!
Marti Jo Brooks

Answer
First of all:  Good luck!  It is not an easy business, although I enjoyed being around the art and a handful of artists I represented.  That was a long time ago.  I am not aware of turnover stats, or where you could get them.  Perhaps you could talk to some gallery owner/operators in your area, as I think the art business is a regional one, to a large degree, unless you specialize [as I did] in 20th century masters or some other transcendental group.  Sorry I can't be of any real help, but did not want to check that off, without writing a note of encouragement.
Alan.

Alan Klevit