Fine Art/Art Identification

Question
Hello Alan,

I am trying to help my parents identify an "older" oil on canvas painting.  If you are willing to help I can email photos.

Most Sincerely,
Jeff

Answer
Jeff--it is not that I am unwilling to help.  More that, unless it is a piece by an artist you could "google", it is very likely I won't know him/her.  And by definition, oil paintings are one of a kind, so it is not that it could be an image I would know, unless reproductions [prints] had been made, in which case googling should reveal that.  Better you take the piece to an appraiser or auctioneer.  If you think it is by a master you could try Sotheby's Auctioneers.  If you know the artist's name, even if you can't find anything, send me the name, as I have access to lots of art sources.  Alan.

Alan Klevit