Fine Art/Art comparison

Question
Hello, I am a student at Georgia Tech. I am taking architecture minimalism class, we have been discussing abstract expressionism and minimal art. I am working on a paper that compares abstract expressionism to impressionism. My prof said it was a good idea, now he says it will difficult. I am a math and science person, I am terrible at writing and anything along those lines. So my question is, can you help me with this topic or should I come up with a new idea. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Dear Nicole,
I normally reply that I don't do homework; or, in this case, it is too complex a question.
Truth is, I don't and itis , but I didn't want to blow you off.  It is complex and you should pick something else.  I admire your willingness, though, to even contemplate such a project.  By the way, I have degrees in economics and statistics/econometrics, yet became an art dealer, then a writer.  You could fool yourself and write a masterpiece, and your analytical bent could serve you well.  Maybe you should consider giving it a try.  If you do, you can reach me at alantheartmaven@hotmail.com and let me know what happened.  You should also know that I consider architects as artists [eg Frank Lloyd Wright].  Good luck, Alan.

Alan Klevit