Fine Art/Art lingo

Question
Sort of a trivia question. When shortening Leonardo DaVinci's name, do saavy art people ever refer to him as "DaVinci," or is he always just "Leonardo?" The issue is whether someone might unknowingly reveal their ignorance of the art world by saying, for instance, "Oh yes, I love anything by DaVinci." Thanks in advance for your willingness to entertain such a petty question. Really, a lot is riding on it :-)

Answer
Dear Patrick, I am not responsible if you lose and have to attend a Julia Roberts film ! I would have to say even with artsy fartsy people it would depend upon the context of the conversation. If you were talking about Old Master painters, "Leonardo" would be commonly used and understood. In all other context with arty people or others only "DaVinci" would be universally understood.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes