Fine Art/Arthur Hickman oil painting

Question
ON 1/19/2005 YOU ANSWERED A QUESTION CONCERNING AN OIL PAINTING BY ARTHUR HICKMAN.  I TOO HAVE INHERITED AN OIL PAINTING BY ARTHUR HICKMAN DATED AND SIGNED 1938.  IT IS OF RUNNERS THROUGH THE HILLS.  WE BELIEVE THE ARTIST COULD HAVE BEEN FROM ENGLAND, SINCE THE NEIGHBOR WHO GAVE US THE PAINTING WAS FROM ENGLAND AND WAS A BUYER FROM A LARGE DEPARTMENT STORE DURING THE 1950'S AND 1960'S.

Answer
Anne--I don't recall that answer from 2005, but I checked all my sources and Arthur Hickman doesn't appear, nor is any of his art listed as having sold at any auctions in the world the past few years, so I can't help you, 'though you never specifically asked a question.  Sorry.  Alan.

NOTE: Alan Klevit's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, is described & available at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit