Fine Art/Artist Ebert

Question
I have inherited an oil painting that is very monochromatic.  There is a signature in backhand slant printed Ebert in the lower left hand corner.  The subject is a landscape with a mountain with a pointed top in the center.  In the foreground is a teepee and Indian.  The painting is approximately 100 years old or older.  Nothing is on the back of the picture.I would like the artist identified as well as the painting, if possible.  

Answer
Dear Mona, It is likely this is the American artist Charles H. Ebert (1873-1959). Would the "E" at the begining of the signature be sort of odd, like two small slashes and one larger slash ? If you like you can send me a jpg. image of the front and one of the signature to my email at danh.57@mindspring.com. Please keep each jpg under 100kb, and make the subject line allexperts so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes