Fine Art/Artist Identification Help Please

I have an oil painting signed by the artist and I cannot figure out who it is.
Here's a close up of the signature:
and here's a picture of the painting itself:
I believe it is by George Bacon Jr. Wood, but as I'm no expert, I could definatly be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for your time!

Hello Howard,

The images help a lot....  I can say for sure it is not by George Bacon Jr. Wood for it would have to be painted prior to 1910, when Wood died, and it is no where close to being that old.  Who it is by exactly, I am not sure.  It looks like a decorative work of art to me, painted to fit in with the furniture someone purchased in the 1960's or 70's.  What is on the back of the work?  Where was it purchased?

Cheers,  Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.