Fine Art/Artist identification

I have an oil painting on wood that appears to be signed
SIO(O?) '59

This is a colorful painting of women carrying jobs or pots on their heads in what appears to be a mid eastern or Mediterranean village.  The look is somewhat surreal.  The piece measures framed 23-1/2" x 33-1/2".  The wood on which the painting is done measures approximately 22" x 28".  The frame was made in Belgium and the piece that attaches the wood to the frame was made in Finland.  I have tried to locate information on my own but am unable to locate this artist.  This is an estate piece and I am not sure if it is worth it to have a formal appraisal.  If you have any information, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

Kathy Shaman

Dear Kathy,

If you would like to send me jpeg images of the painting, (front and back), including a clear close up of the signature, I will try to identify the artist and possible value of the painting. You may email them to:

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.