Fine Art/Aurel Richter Watercolor

I have 3 Aurel Richter watercolors and am trying to find information as to their value. They are landscapes on paper in very good condition. They are around 12"x10" in size. I would appreciate it if you could give me some idea of their value. I have searched the net and can find no mention of price or auction results. I know you can not tell me their value having never seen them but even a ballpark figure would be a help.

Dear Richard, I do not do appraisals, especially on paintings I have not physically examined. You are refering to the Hungarian artist Aurel Richter (1870-1908). The watercolors you describe are rather small, and not his best subject, but they still have value, maybe $1,000 each (or more). It would be worth your time to send photos and information to both Sotheby's and Christie's in New York. Indicate that you would be interested in consigning them for sale at auction.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.