Fine Art/Ballet Painting

Question
I recently purchased a small 6x8 painting of ballet dancers , dancing in a moonlit scene, the artist signature is visible but since I`m not familiar with art(i bought it for my little niece who loves ballet) I can`t make out the name. It looks lik it could possibly read E G Ward but I am not certain, because there looks to be a letter or two that I can`t make out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Answer
Dear Desiree,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes