Fine Art/Belgian artist?

QUESTION: Hello Mr Boon, I purchased this oil on canvas at a container auction of "Flemish" antiques. The owners of the gallery are Flemish and have contacts there for these container shipments. I can not read the signature and I was hoping that perhaps you have seen this signature and can identify the artist for me. Thank you for your time. I can send you an image of the complete painting if you wish.

ANSWER: Dear Sir,

I am sorry to say, but looking at the small photo I can't say which artist it is, but to my opinion I have to say that it is not a very correct and genuine painting.

full painting
full painting  
QUESTION: Thank you for your prompt response. I'm not exactly sure of what you men by correct but this is the entire painting. Perhaps it will strike an accord with you but if not I fully understand. One again I thank you for your valuable time.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the photo of entire painting. I can just tell you that it is a decorative painting, but not of great value and atypical for Belgian art. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it, worth 500 dollars max.

Christophe Boon

Christophe Boon

I am an expert in BELGIAN Fine Arts, specialised in oil paintings and watercolours of BELGIAN painters from 1850 until 1930. I am also one of leading experts on the well-known Belgian artist Fernand TOUSSAINT(1873-1956).I expertise, buy and sell. Please always email detailed photos if you require a good advice on your private works of art.

Third generation of expert in Fine Belgian Arts. Second generation leading art gallery in Belgium.

Royal Belgian Chamber of Antique Dealers. CINOA: Confédération Internationale des Négociants en Oeuvres d'Art. SNA: Syndicat National des Antiquaires Français.

Commercial director of BOON GALLERY in Brussels (2007). Specialist, Impressionist Art dept, Christie's Paris (2006). Master Degree in Fine & Decorative Arts, Sotheby's London (2005). Bachelor Degree in Fine & Decorative Arts, Sotheby's London (2004).