Fine Art/Bio information for 1940's French watercolor artist

I recently aquired two very nice watercolor paintings with a floral
theme signed by a french artist named Georges Le Due. The back of the
(framed ) picture was dated 1942. Is there anything you can tell me about
this particular artist?

Thank you

I hope all is well and thank you for your question. I am wondering if you have the spelling a bit off on your artist? Do you think it may be Leduc instead of Ledue?

There is a listed watercolorist by the name of Georges Leduc (1906-1968). He was French, possibly Canadian from the Montreal area since I found that is where he is buried. The date of your watercolors fit within his lifetime.

His work has not appeared at auction since 2004. There is a primary auction house, Boscher, in France that appears to sell most of his work. The web address is:, but expect to speak French.

Let me know if this is helpful or if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.