Fine Art/Calder Lithograph

I purchased a pencil signed Calder lithograph (Raindrops 86/125) from Patrician Galleries in 1980.  I just had it reframed and while looking up its value on the internet realized that it is signed upside down! Could this possibly be legit?

Dear Norm,

I am not personally familiar with an artist signing their work upside down. One would think the artist would be aware of what is up and what is down with their work. I have never seen a print signed upside down by Calder so I doubt it was purposeful. I found a lot of work on the net with similar COA's from Patrician Galleries. I found one gallery with a similar name; The Patrician Gallery. If you can contact the original gallery, they would be the ones I take this question to.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.